- City of Shoreline’s Housing Action plan: Information and online survey.
- Racial Restrictive Covenants: History of redlining in Shoreline and surrounding areas
Shoreline and King County Police
- King County Sheriff’s Office Use of Force Data Analysis 2014 – 2019
- Office of Law Enforcement Oversight: Complaints reported by community members and sheriff’s office employees
- City of Shoreline Annual Police Service Report 2019
- Implicit bias training used by Shoreline Police
- Shoreline RADAR: Response Awareness, De-escalation and Referral: Final Evaluation Report Dec 2019
Local BIPOC owned businesses
Interview with Professor Ibram X Kendi, author of How To Be An Antiracist: explains the concept of antiracism and provides tools and strategies for building an antiracist society.
Data on Discrimination experiences of different groups of people.
Harvard Law School Report Sept 2020: Racial Disparities in the Massachusetts Criminal System
Take this implicit bias test to understand yourself better — reveals subconscious bias on race and gender.
Guardian article: Funding the social worker response to 911 calls
- The Murder of Emmett Till – https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/till/
- Freedom Riders – https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/freedomriders/
- Freedom Summer – https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/freedomsummer/
Delves into issues of race and place and what they mean in the context of building healthy communities–dynamic groups and initiatives are featured to illuminate action at the intersection of health, place, and race.